Sonora Jha, PhD, Professor, Department of Communication and Associate Dean for Academic Community, College of Arts & Sciences, is getting great reviews for her new book.
- Telegraph India: “Books to read while social distancing”
- One True Thing, Psychology Today: How to Raise a Feminist Son: Sonora Jha's new book has lessons for empowering boys to grow up into good men”
- The Seattle Times: Seattle author, professor Sonora Jha explains ‘How to Raise a Feminist Son’
- International Examiner, by Dr. Nalini Iyer: “Seattle University Communications professor Sonora Jha’s memoir and feminist manifesto will leave you thinking and re-examining your world for days”
- Seattle Met, “Three New Books for Your Seattle Spring Reading”
Several events on her virtual book tour were recorded and you can watch the videos.
- “Motherhood, Masculinity, and How to Raise a Feminist Son,” Sonora Jha with Ijeoma Oluo (livestream); Town Hall Seattle
- “Memoir, Migration, and Masculinity: A Conversation with Dr. Sonora Jha,” with Dr. Nalini Iyer and Dr. Theresa Earenfight, presented by the Theiline Piggot McCone Endowed Chair and Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies, Seattle University
- “How To Raise A Feminist Boy & Recollections of My Nonexistence,” Sonora Jha & Rebecca Solnit, Politics and Prose.