Undergraduate students in all disciplines and in the Core invited to participate in the Celebration of Student Scholarship sponsored by the Seattle University Undergraduate Research Association (SUURA) that will take place on May 11, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Student Center, the Boeing Room, and other locations around campus.
SUURA seeks students who have
- written a great research paper,
- produced meaningful creative work
- written an essay for a Core class of which they are proud,
- worked with a team to complete exemplary community outreach,
- developed laboratory research produced sufficient results to draw conclusion, or
- have other projects they would like to submit.
All applicants need a faculty mentor to sponsor their application. The application form requires your abstract, information about your presentation and schedule, and the signature of the sponsoring faculty member. The deadline for all applications is April 6, 2018.
Presentations may take the form of:
- Paper Presentations: 15-20 minute presentations on research projects with time allotted for a question and answer session.
- Posters: Visual presentations of completed research or research in progress.
- Roundtables: An informal academic discussion upon a specific research topic, led by a presenter and open to participant feedback and input.
- Creative Projects: a presentation of your creative work.
Students can propose an individual paper, creative work, poster presentation, or roundtable session. Faculty mentors can propose one or more panels with three to five presenters, one or more poster sessions, or roundtable session.