President Stephen V. Sundborg, SJ, and Provost Shane P. Martin, PhD, announced the approval of petitions for promotion and/or tenure, effective Academic Year 2019 – 2020, including nine College of Arts and Sciences faculty members.
Promoted to Professor
- Naomi Kasumi, MFA, Department of Art & Art History
- Christopher Paul, PhD, Department of Communication
Tenured and Promoted to Associate Professor
- Natalie Cisneros, PhD, Department of Philosophy
- Amelia Derr, MSW, PhD, Department of Social Work
- El Hadji Malick Ndiaye, PhD, Department of Modern Languages
- Caitlin Ring Carlson, PhD, Department of Communication
Promoted to Senior Instructor
- Benjamin Howe, PhD, Matteo Ricci Institute
- Tara Roth, MA, Department of English
- Dan Washburn, PhD, Matteo Ricci Institute
"One of the most enriching experiences I have as dean is to review the remarkable accomplishments of our faculty as they move forward through these important career milestones" says David V. Powers, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences. "This is an amazing group of people and I am truly honored to be with with them as part of our academic community. I thank all of them for choosing to make the College of Arts & Sciences the place where they contribute such amazing work toward our university’s mission and to the overall growth and extension of knowledge and creativity at the highest levels of human capacity."
The College of Arts and Sciences congratulates all of our colleagues throughout the university.
Photo: top row, l-r: Naomi Kasumi, MFA; Christopher Paul, PhD; Natalie Cisneros, PhD; middle row, l-r: Amelia Derr, MSW, PhD; El Hadji Malick Ndiaye, PhD; Caitlin Ring Carlson, PhD; bottom row, l-r: Benjamin Howe, PhD; Tara Roth, MA; Dan Washburn, PhD