Seattle University’s Women and Gender Studies Department presents a three-part lecture series bringing activists and academics from Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia to campus to discuss organizing for women’s rights in the region today.
The series culminates with a screening of the innovative documentary 8 Borders, 8 Days, which chronicles the experiences of a Syrian refugee trying to get to Europe with her children.
Women in Morocco - Oussama El Addouli
- October 24, 5 p.m. - ADMN 307
- Supported by the Study Abroad Office
Women and Social Media in Saudi Arabia - Norah Abokhodair
- November 2, 5 p.m. - ADMN 306
Women and Social Organizing in Tunisia and Egypt Panel Discussion with Mai Amer (Egypt), Nawrez Ellafi (Tunisia), Feriel Habel (Tunisia), Noha Samuel (Egypt),
- November 7, 5 p.m. - ADMN 321
- Supported by the United States Department of State Professional Fellows Program
8 Borders, 8 Days (2017) a documentary by Amanda Bailly
- November 16, 6 p.m. - BANN 402
Learn more on the Women & Gender Studies Facebook page.