The Dean's Office announced the recipients of this year’s Student Assistantship Awards. Faculty are awarded student assistantships to help with their scholarly projects.
- Dr. Caitlin Carlson - Social Media Organizations, Community Guidelines, and Hate Speech.
- Dr. Serena Cosgrove: Surviving the Americas: Resilience and Garifuna Culture in Nicaragua.
- Dr. Hazel Hahn: "Indochine: Urban and Architectural History, 1880-1945," and organizing the program of the French Colonial Historical Society conference in Seattle.
- Rosa Joshi: All-female Staged Reading of Richard II at the city-wide festival, Seattle Celebrates Shakespeare, March 2018.
- Dr. El Hadji Malick Ndiaye: PIERRE-JAKEZ HELIAS, LE DESTIN COLONISÉ Le régionalisme français à l’épreuve de la francophonie
- Dr. Mary-Antoinette Smith: Book project - Ellen Tarry: Trailblazer of Pre-Civil Rights Interracial Justice in the Tradition of Catholic Social Action
- Dr. Kirsten Thompson: Book Project - The Fugitive Figure: Bubbles
Special thanks to the selection committee, last year’s recipients, for their hard work. The Committee included Dr. Jacqueline Helfgott, Dr. Nova Robinson, Harmony Arnold, Dr. Tanya Hayes, and Dr. Joseph DeFilippis.