Dr. Sonora Jha, College of Arts and Sciences Associate Dean for Academic Community and Professor, Department of Communication, recently announced the recipients of the College of Arts and Sciences Summer Faculty Research Fellowships for 2019 for their upcoming scholarly and creative work.
- Dr. Rachel Luft, Sociology, "Healing Justice: The Promise and Peril of New Spiritual and Healing Frameworks in Radical Social Justice Movements."
Dean's Research Fellowships
- Dr. Serena Cosgrove, International Studies - "Surviving the Americas: Garifuna Persistence from Nicaragua to New York City."
- Dr. Onur Bakiner, Political Science - "Judicial decision making during violent conflict: Colombia and Turkey between 1985 and 2015."
Summer Research Fellowships
- Dr. Nova Robinson, International Studies - "Sisters in Asia: The All Asian Women's Conference and Anti Colonial Internationalism."
- Dr. Jiangmeng (Helen) Liu, Communication and Media - "Is Social Media Use Associated With Serious Mental Illness? A Meta-analytic Review."
- Dr. Molly Clark Hillard, English - "Literary Subjects: Re-Reading the Victorians."
- Dr. Hazel Hahn, History - "From Two Cities to One: Colonial Saigon and Cholon in the 1920s and 30s."
- Dr. Jen Schulz, Interdisciplinary Liberal Studies and English - "'Survival is Insufficient': Imagining Well-Being in a Catastrophic Age."
- Dr. Rick Malleus, Communication and Media - "Intersecting Identities: Education Abroad Students’ Perceptions on Race and Gender."
- Dr. Kate Koppelman, English - "Furie Infernal”: Rage and Anger in, around, and about the Middle Ages."
- Dr. Victor Evans, Communication and Media - "Queering the Web: LGBTQ Youth Internet Usage."
Photo: (top row, l. to r.) Dr. Rachel Luft, Dr. Serena Cosgrove, Dr. Onur Bakiner, Dr. Nova Robinson, (middle row, l. to r.) Dr. Jiangmeng (Helen) Liu, Dr. Molly Clark Hillard, Dr. Hazel Hahn, Dr. Jen Schulz, (bottom row, l. to r.) Dr. Rick Malleus, Dr. Kate Koppelman, Dr. Victor Evans.
Last year’s awardees served as the Summer Faculty Research Fellowships Award Committee, including Dr. Aakanksha Sinha, Dr. Erica Rauff, Dr. Susan Meyers, Dr. Amelia Derr, Dr. El Hadji Ndiaye, Dr. Kirsten Thompson, Dr. Sean McDowell, Dr. Julie Homchick Crowe, and Dr. Chris Paul. Kate Reynolds facilitated the work of the committee.