Need to JUMPSTART YOUR CAREER in 2012?
Posted by Amanda Kelly on Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 8:49 AM PST
Need to JUMPSTART YOUR CAREER in 2012? Are you feeling stuck, or simply curious about your options? Start off the New Year by joining us for our upcoming 4-part workshop! SU's Alumni Relations Office is partnering with Career Services to bring you a set of workshops designed to help you jump-start your career. Career Coach Elizabeth Atcheson of Blue Bridge Career Coaching has offered to lead a series of four workshops for SU Alumni.
Designed for job-seekers and career-changers, the weekly workshops will include:
-Determining what line of work is the right fit for you
-Developing a personal narrative and positioning
-Learning the elements of effective resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profile
-Coaching on informational interviewing (how 90% of jobs are landed)
Learning job search strategies and "being where you want to work"
-Coaching on interview skills...and anything else related to career development in which members of the group are interested!
Schedule (all are on SU campus from 6:30-8:30pm):
Wednesday, January 11, Wednesday, January 18, Wednesday, January 25, Wednesday, February 1
Interested in attending? RSVP Donna Whitford, SU Alumni Relations, 206-296-5664.
Cost for the series is $45
Please do not sign up for this series of workshops unless you are able to meet all the following:
1) Attend first session on January 11 at which participants will share their current circumstances and hoped-for outcomes;
2) Complete brief homework assignments prior to two or more of the sessions;
3) Keep all information shared during the sessions confidential;
4) Attend all four sessions unless illness or an emergency prevents you from doing so;
5) Participate fully in each session, contributing your "voice" and experiences to the group;
6) Complete a short survey after the conclusion of the last session.
Because Seattle University is committed to serving our alumni through ongoing career development services and networking opportunities, we continue to offer additional career support services. Read below and choose the options you need today!
- LinkedIn: A Tool for Career Transitions Workshop on January 23 from 6-8 pm
What to Get the Most Out of LinkedIn? SU offering Alumni upcoming LinkedIn workshop! (FREE one night workshop)
- The Redhawk Network (online database of jobs/internships)
- Alumni can create a user account, search for jobs, internships, mentors and events
- Career Expo (open to all alumni) April 10,2012
- Campus Events for networking and professional development online.
- One on One Advising - Alums receive up to 3 complimentary advising sessions after graduation