In our recent Alumni Attitude Survey, you told us that professional development opportunities are important to you, so each month we’ll share a different professional development program or event with you. This month we are featuring The Seattle University Extraordinary Entrepreneurial Leaders (ExEL) Forum.
The ExEL groups offer an invigorating forum for owners and leaders of family and privately-held businesses to grow and expand their businesses and their leadership skills. These monthly peer advisory groups, facilitated by a professional executive coach and consultant, meet monthly and operate as a cohesive, supportive cohort. The ExEL Forum includes four groups:
Emerging Business Leaders, Seattle University Alums, Business Women Influencers, and a Family Business Only group. They are a great fit for executives or owners of local family- or privately-held businesses who are committed to becoming extraordinary leaders and using entrepreneurial skills and innovation principles to tackle their biggest challenges.
The groups meet one Friday a month on the Seattle University campus from 10-2 p.m., which include an open lunch for friends and guests and an optional morning “deep dive” boot camp from 8-10 a.m.
Fees are regularly $3,600, but thanks to a generous grant, $3,000 scholarships are available for this program, so your fee is only $600 for 2015. To take advantage of the scholarship, apply before fall 2015. Membership is accepted on a rolling basis with the next cohort beginning this April.
“Seattle University’s ExEL program has been game changing for me. As a second generation leader of my family business, I have gained invaluable levels of new found strength and confidence. Randy encourages each of us to carve our own unique paths as leaders, and that personalized approach has been extremely empowering. I would highly recommend this program to anyone looking to gain insight into the art of leading with greatness.”
- Kristen Johnston, ExEL Forum Participant
ExEL Forum Features:
- Monthly peer support and networking among like-spirited, highly-motivated business owners and executives
- Monthly business analysis and group accountability sessions (“deep dive” boot camps)
- Monthly guest speakers who are successful, proven business leaders or subject matter experts
- Access to local mentors, experts, and resources in a variety of disciplines
- Optional coaching/consulting services with a professional executive coach/consultant
- Access to Seattle University’s Family Business Exchange research program, community and events (family business owners only)
- Networking events, happy hours, activities, professional development and field trips among peers and local businesses
- Holiday celebration and invitations to Seattle University and Albers School of Business and Economice events and activities
- Complimentary meals and parking
Benefits to Members
- Lead more confidently – Run your ideas and issues by a personal, peer "sounding board" and professional coach/consultant.
- Master implementation – Learn to execute flawlessly and be held accountable by your ExEL Forum team.
- Build your business – Learn and apply new tools and skills in key business and leadership areas.
- Make connections/build your tribe – Make friends, networking and resource connections; join the Family Business Exchange community.
- Gain more perspective – Spend focused time working on your business rather than in it. Get different views from other business owners.
- Access more resources-Tap into Seattle U's deep resources, including students for interns and projects.