This certificate will allow students to gain specialized knowledge in Sustainability and Sustainable Business, to further their professional formation so that they can more easily take on leadership roles in their chosen professions. The Graduate Certificate in Sustainabillity will provide the context for professional roles that sustainable business plays in serving the greater community.
from Seattle University's 2015-2016 Graduate Catalog
Applicants must have:
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of full time work experience
- If a non-business undergraduate degree or graduate degree, a competitive score from the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Records Examination (GRE)
Individual courses below may have additional prerequisites. See the Prerequisites table for details.
I. Required Courses
|Three required courses (9 credits)||Credits|
|SUST 5300: Sustainability and Business||3|
|SUST 5305: Sustainable Value Creation||3|
|SUST 5310: Sustainability Consulting||3|
|Choose two elective courses from the following list: (6 credits)||Credits|
|MGMT 5365: Management of Change||3|
|MKTG 5335: Marketing and Social Issues||3|
|OPER 5310: Project Management||3|
|Selected Special Topics in Sustainable Supply Chain Management, Corporate Social Responsibility, Creativity and Innovation|
Requirement for certificate: 15 credits
- You need to apply for the certificate program as a regular student via our Application page.
- Once you are accepted, you may start any term (Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer).
- After being accepted, you must attend an advising orientation.
- Refer to the 2015-2016 Sustainabililty Certificate Schedule to plan your program.
- Length of program depends on when classes are being offered and how many you wish to take per term.
- Cost is $815 per credit plus fees. (Certificate requirement: 15 credits.)
For more information, contact Millena Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.