The Certificate in Quantitative Economic Analysis is designed to develop skills in quantitative and economic analysis to produce professionals who can frame and analyze questions in business, and communicate findings to strengthen decision making. With vast quantities of data becoming more readily available, it is critical that business use the information contained in data to make better decisions. This not only requires the use of data management skills and statistical methods, but also the use of economic decision and business models to structure the data and questions being asked. You will receive practical, hands-on experience using current software and techniques, which will enable you to work more effectively within your current company or to launch you to your next venture.
Benefits to You
- Learn a solid set of data management and statistical skills.
- Gain a deeper understanding and applied learning of modeling business issues to make effective and quantitatively supported decisions.
- Develop the ability to understand and communicate technical information.
- Receive instruction, guidance, and feedback from top-notch professors and faculty who are experts in their fields.
from Seattle University's 2015-2016 Graduate Catalog
Applicants must have:
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 2 years of full time work experience
- Competency in statistics and calculus
- Official scores from the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Records Examination (GRE)
- Business Statistics (MBA 500 or equivalent)
- Business Calculus
Individual courses below may have additional prerequisites. See the Prerequisites table for details.
II. Required Courses
|Four required courses (12 credits)||Credits|
|ECON 5100: Statistical Applications and Quantitative Methods||3|
|ECON 5107: Quantitative Microeconomic Analysis||3|
|ECON 5300: Applied Econometrics||3|
|IS 5305: Database Management in Business||3|
|Choose one of the following elective courses: (3 credits)|
|ACCT 5380: Systems Modeling for Financial Decisions||3|
|ECON 5305: Economics and Business Forecasting||3|
|FINC 5330: Fixed Income Analysis||3|
|FINC 5335: Hedge Funds||3|
|MKTG 5305: Marketing Research||3|
|Or other suitable course based on advisor approval|
Requirement for certificate: 15 credits
- You need to apply for the certificate program as a regular student via our Application page.
- Once you are accepted, you may start any term (Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer).
- After being accepted, you must attend an advising orientation.
- Refer to the 2015-2016 QEA Certificate Schedule to plan your program.
- Length of program depends on when classes are being offered and how many you wish to take per term.
- Cost is $815 per credit plus fees. (Certificate requirement: 15 credits.)
For more information, contact Millena Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.