Internal auditors bring immense value to their organization, identifying risks associated with achieving strategic goals and helping the company mitigate those risks. In addition, internal auditors benchmark both internally and externally to implement best practices.
Internal Audit is an excellent entry point into management as they have visibility on business processes from start to finish and form relationships across the company.
The Internal Audit profession is experiencing a high demand for candidates coupled with a shortage of potential recruits.; The Seattle University Internal Audit program is providing the industry with quality entry-level internal auditors. Our program includes an in-class internal audit practicum as well as highly recommended three month internal audit internships. Our internal audit graduates have been favorably received by Pacific Northwest Companies.
- Enterprise Risk Management—identifying the risks that matter the most to a business
- Sustainability—providing assurance that corporate social responsibility claims are valid
- Operational Audit - managing a well-run business
- Systems Implementation—investigating IT implementation for efficiency and effectiveness
- Sarbanes Oxley Audit—reviewing effectiveness of internal controls
- Forensic Accounting—preventing and detecting fraud and abuse of resources
- Government Performance Audit —evaluating the use of your tax dollars
- Engineering Processes—reviewing processes and procedures surrounding the engineering function
- Manufacturing Processes—evaluating production efficiency
from Seattle University's 2015-2016 Graduate Catalog
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Official scores from the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Records Examination (GRE)
- ACCT 5030 Financial Accounting
Individual courses below may have additional prerequisites. See the Prerequisites table for details.
II. Required Courses
|Three required courses (9 credits):||Credits|
|ACCT 5240: Fraud Examination & Forensic Accounting||3|
|ACCT 5310: Internal Audit I||3|
|ACCT 5320: Internal Audit II||3|
|Choose two of the following elective courses: (6 credits)||Credits|
|ACCT 5210: Financial Statement Analysis and Security Valuation||3|
|ACCT 5950: Internship||3|
|IS 5315: Big Data Analysis||3|
|SUST 5305: Sustainable Value Creation||3|
Requirement for certificate: 15 credits
- You need to apply for the certificate program as a regular student via our Application page.
- Once you are accepted, you may start any term (Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer).
- After being accepted, you must attend an advising orientation.
- Refer to the 2015-2016 Internal Audit Certificate Schedule to plan your program
- Length of program depends on when classes are being offered and how many you wish to take per term.
- Cost is $835 per credit plus fees. (Certificate requirement: 15 credits.)
For more information, contact Millena Williams at email@example.com.