New Student Checklist for Professional MBA, MPAC, MSBA, and MSF
Congratulations and welcome to Albers! Whether you are starting a program to change careers, enhance your skills, or seek a promotion, we are excited that you chose to do so at Seattle University. Below are important steps you will need to take in order to start your first quarter off smoothly. If you have any questions throughout this process, please feel free to contact your Academic Advisor. We look forward to meeting you at your Advising Orientation soon!
-Albers Graduate Program Staff
1. Confirm your acceptance by visiting SU Online.
Click the Log In link, your UserID is the first part of your seattleu.edu email address (without the @seattleu.edu.) Click the Prospective Students tab, and follow the steps to confirm your acceptance. No fee or deposit is required to confirm. Please note that until you have confirmed your acceptance, and until you attend your AO, you will not be able to register for courses.
2. RSVP for the new student events.
- RSVP for an Advising Orientation (AO). Every new student is required to attend an AO to learn about important registration information and university resources.
- RSVP for the Albers New Student Convocation on Friday, March 18 from 4 - 6 p.m., Student Center 160. Every new student for Winter and Spring quarter 2016 is required to attend this Convocation, where you will meet fellow students, faculty and staff.
- Save the Date for the Graduate Student Welcome. The Graduate Student Welcome is designed to introduce you to the university, help you succeed in your graduate studies, and learn about support services available to you.
3. Take care of any Holds before your AO.
Login to suonline,seattleu.edu, click the Students menu, and under Registration click "Check Holds." Any holds will be shown. Contact the department listed to take appropriate steps to remove these holds. The BUEGV Advising: Grad Business hold will be removed by Albers Graduate Program office after you attend your AO. Please note that until all holds are removed and until you attend your AO, you will not be able to register.
4. Plan courses for your first quarter.
Review the waiver information in the Pre-Orientation Email that you may have already received from your advisor. Considering the courses or prerequisites you waived, determine potential classes you may take during your first quarter. The resources below will assist you in this planning. If you have questions that cannot be answered by these resources, contact your Academic Advisor.
- Curriculum for Professional MBA, MPAC, MSBA, MSF, MPAC/MSF Joint Degree
- A list of course offerings for upcoming quarters can be found on the Student Resources page under Academic Resources.
- Your Program Evaluation will be another helpful resource to you in course planning. Login to suonline.seattleu.edu, click the Students tab, then under Academic Interactions click the link to Program Evaluation.
If Professional MBA:
- The following prerequisites need to be taken before the Spring Quarter: Statistics, Financial Accounting, and Managerial Accounting. Begin making plans to complete those prerequisites if you have not already waived them based on your Pre-Orientation Email. It is important that you take appropriate steps to complete the prerequisites before the beginning of Spring Quarter so that you can begin both the Behavioral and Analytical Core courses. Please contact your advisor if you have any questions about how to complete these prerequisites.
5. Attend your Advising Orientation (AO).
At your AO, you will learn more about your graduate program, registration, and university policies and resources. You will also meet your academic advisors and have the opportunity to ask additional questions regarding your academic plan. Please remember, you will not be able to register for courses until after you attend an AO.
6. Register for classes!
You will not be able to register for your classes until after you attend an Advising Orientation. For a tutorial on how to register for classes, Login to suonline.seattleu.edu, click the Students tab, then under Registration click the link to VIDEO: How to Register for Classes.
OR, download the How to Register for Classes pdf.