Follow the steps outlined below and be sure to consult with the EAO to see if there is any additional program-specific paperwork you will need to complete. 

1. Apply directly to the Program Provider  
  • Deadlines will vary for each program provider
  • Students participating in Non-SU Programs during Fall, Winter, or Spring Quarters will be charged a $1,000 fee to transfer their credits back to Seattle University. This fee will be charged directly to your student account.

2. Complete the Non-SU Horizons Application
*In order to get the Home Institution Approval, all applicants must complete the Non-SU Application.*

Deadlines vary depending on time of travel. Ex: If you are traveling in fall quarter, submit your paperwork by May 1st.

  • Fall Quarter: May 1st
  • Winter Quarter: November 1st
  • Spring Quarter: February 1st
  • Summer Quarter: April 1st

3. Complete Education Abroad Course Approval Form

Please see Step 2 for deadlines.

  • For questions regarding the form see Guide to Completing a Course Approval Form or contact the Education Abroad office.
  • $125 late fee for forms submitted after the deadline. $250 late fee for forms submitted after program start date. Failure to do so may jeopardize participation in program.

UNIVERSITY CORE: Submit Course Approval Forms to University Core (USVC 140A) to meet Education Abroad Office deadline.
*UCOR will still accept Course Approval Forms after the dates below, but they cannot guarantee the form will be returned before the Education Abroad deadline. Please allow about 2 weeks processing time at UCOR. Please include page 1 and 3 of Course Approval Form.*

  • Winter 2018: October 16, 2017
  • Spring 2018: January 16, 2018
  • Summer 2018: March 19, 2018
  • Fall 2018: April 16, 2018

4. Complete a Travel Warning Petition

  • SU policy prevents students from participating in international programs and activities that take place in a country under Department of State warning. If your host country is under a travel warning please review our Travel Warning Policy.

5. Meet with Student Financial Services 

  • Student Financial Services will need a consortium agreement and signed Program Provider Budget/Non-SU Financial Aid Budget from your Education Abroad Advisor. The form will be provided by your Education Abroad advisor upon approval.

6. Attend Pre-Departure Orientation

  • Going abroad Fall 2017: TBD
  • Review health and safety information about your destination.
  • Confirm with EAO that all information required has been submitted by the established deadlines.

7. Go Abroad!