Follow the steps outlined below and be sure to consult with the EAO to see if there is any additional program-specific paperwork you will need to complete.
1. Apply directly to the Program Provider
- Deadlines will vary for each program provider
- Students participating in Non-SU Programs during Fall, Winter, or Spring Quarters will be charged a $1,000 fee to transfer their credits back to Seattle University. This fee will be charged directly to your student account.
2. Complete the Non-SU Horizons Application
*In order to get the Home Institution Approval, all applicants must complete the Non-SU Application.*
Deadlines vary depending on time of travel. Ex: If you are traveling in fall quarter, submit your paperwork by May 1st.
- Fall Quarter: May 1st
- Winter Quarter: November 1st
- Spring Quarter: February 1st
- Summer Quarter: April 1st
3. Complete Education Abroad Course Approval Form
Please see Step 2 for deadlines.
- For questions regarding the form see Guide to Completing a Course Approval Form or contact the Education Abroad office.
- $125 late fee for forms submitted after the deadline. $250 late fee for forms submitted after program start date. Failure to do so may jeopardize participation in program.
UNIVERSITY CORE: Submit Course Approval Forms to University Core (USVC 140A) to meet Education Abroad Office deadline.
*UCOR will still accept Course Approval Forms after the dates below, but they cannot guarantee the form will be returned before the Education Abroad deadline. Please allow about 2 weeks processing time at UCOR. Please include page 1 and 3 of Course Approval Form.*
- Winter 2018: October 16, 2017
- Spring 2018: January 16, 2018
- Summer 2018: March 19, 2018
- Fall 2018: April 16, 2018
4. Complete a Travel Warning Petition
- SU policy prevents students from participating in international programs and activities that take place in a country under Department of State warning. If your host country is under a travel warning please review our Travel Warning Policy.
5. Meet with Student Financial Services
- Student Financial Services will need a consortium agreement and signed Program Provider Budget/Non-SU Financial Aid Budget from your Education Abroad Advisor. The form will be provided by your Education Abroad advisor upon approval.
6. Attend Pre-Departure Orientation
- Going abroad Fall 2017: TBD
- Review health and safety information about your destination.
- Confirm with EAO that all information required has been submitted by the established deadlines.
7. Go Abroad!