Follow the steps outlined below and be sure to consult with the EAO to see if there is any additional program-specific paperwork you will need to complete.
1. Complete Horizons Application Specific to Internship
2. Complete All Required Pre-Departure Paperwork
- International Program Medical Report
- Required if going on IDIP, MRC Internships, or any internship in which you will be earning SU credit and will be gone for three weeks or more.
- To be completed by the Student Health Center or your medical doctor
- Some internship participants will be automatically enrolled in student insurance
- Education Abroad Course Approval Form (If necessary)
*$125 late fee for any forms submitted after the deadline.$250 late fee for forms submitted after program start date. Failure to do so may jeapordize participation in the program.
3. Complete a Travel Warning Petition
- SU policy prevents students from participating in international programs and activities that take place in a country under Department of State warning. If your host country is under a travel warning please review our Travel Warning Policy.
4. Meet with Student Financial Services (Optional)
- We encourage students to make an appointment with Student Financial Services to discuss how financial aid may be applied to the selected program.
- Bring the Financial Aid Budget Form provided by your Education Abroad advisor upon approval.
5. Attend Orientation
- Going abroad Winter and/or Spring Quarters 2017: TBD
- Review health and safety information about your destination
- Confirm with EAO all information required of you has been submitted by the deadline
6. Go Abroad!