Thank you for your message!
The Education Abroad Office (EAO) will be providing services remotely during Fall Quarter 2020 and advising for education abroad programs during the academic year of 2021-2022. If you are a Seattle University student, these are our weekly student services:
- Information Sessions - this 30-minute session is the first step for students wanting to study abroad. An EAO staff member will provide an introduction to the different types of programs, credit and financial considerations, and overview of the process.
- Initial Group Advising Meetings - after attending an Info Session, students meet with their Education Abroad Advisor for their first planning meeting. Students with last names beginning A-L meet with Kirsti Ruud and last names M-Z meet with Jennifer Chan. We'll guide you through the process of finding a program that meets your academic, personal, and professional goals, discuss financial planning resources, and walk through next steps.
- 1:1 Advising Appointments- for students who have already attended an Info Session and Group Advising Meeting, you are able to meet with your Education Abroad Advisor for individualized, 20-minute advising appointments.
- Faculty/Staff-Led International Programs – contact Dario Ogaz at firstname.lastname@example.org for updates, support, and virtual meeting options for current and future programs.
- Campus and International Partners and other inquires – Contact Gina Lopardo, Education Abroad Director, at email@example.com
Sign-up for any of these services via the EAO Bookings page. You'll get a confirmation with an invitation to join a virtual Teams meeting at the time of your scheduled meeting.
Spring Program 2021
The university’s COVID-19 travel restriction prohibits all travel through December so it currently does not impact your program’s timeline. However, this is subject to change, so we ask that you periodically check your SU email for messages from our office to stay up to date. We will update you if there are any developments that will impact your study abroad program. In the meantime, we are adjusting our Pre-Departure processes to accommodate remote learning and advise you to plan for flexibility if there is continued disruption into the new year.
We can appreciate the challenges of these uncertain times and know that a few students have already made the difficult decision to no longer pursue studies abroad during Winter and/or Spring 2021. If you are wanting to withdraw, please keep us updated. For those of you moving forward with plans to study abroad, we encourage you to take a two-pronged approach:
1. CONTINUE STEPS TO STUDY ABROAD
2. PLAN FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF NOT STUDYING ABROAD
For students participating in SU-Sponsored and SU-Exchange programs, we will send you the updated
withdrawal/cancellation policies for your specific programs as they are updated. In general, there is increased flexibility to accommodate these uncertain times.
For students participating in Non-SU programs, we recommend you confirm these policies with your Program Provider/host university.
Please let us know if you have any questions and we are happy to meet with you virtually. Our schedules are now updated on the Education Abroad Bookings page so feel free to schedule a meeting with us to catch-up and discuss any questions you have at this point,
Education Abroad Team
Gina, Dario, Jenn & Kirsti