Transportation and Parking Services

ORCA (Student) FAQ


    How do I enroll in the student ORCA program?

    Students who are currently enrolled in 9 credit hours at Seattle University and do not use a SU parking permit are eligible to apply for the ORCA program at the Permit Store. You will need your SU Email and Student ID number. Back to top

    How do I renew my enrollment?

    If you chose to pay in installments, when it is time to renew your card you will need to visit the Permit Store. If your email is registered with us, you should receive a courtesy email notifying you of the expiring enrollment about note week before your renewal date. This email is a courtesy reminder; students are encouraged to make a personal note of when their enrollment expires. Public Safety is not responsible for missed enrollment renewal dates and subsequent card deactivation. Back to top

    What happens if I lose my card?

    Come to the Department of Public Safety and Transportation office (USB 102) to report your card. You may also purchase a replacement for $10. The replacement fee increases to $25 the second time it is lost, and $50 for the third time. Back to top

    What happens if my card is stolen?

    If you bring a police report to the Department of Public Safety and Transportation office (USB 102), you may receive a replacement card at no cost. The non-emergency number for the Seattle Police Department is (206) 625-5011; enter "2" and then "8" to file the report. Record the report number. Back to top

    Can I put my own money or a Ferry pass on my Seattle University ORCA card?

    If you put money onto an E-purse, or separately purchase a Ferry product, you may not be refunded if you return your card. Visit our office in USB 102 if you would like to add Ferry products to your card. Back to top

    What transit access is included with an ORCA card?

    ORCA is accepted on: Community Transit, Everett Transit, Kitsap Transit, Metro Transit, Pierce Transit, and Sound Transit bus; Sound Transit Link light rail; Sound Transit Sounder commuter rail (includes Rail Plus); Seattle Streetcar; King County Water Taxi (Vashon and West Seattle routes); Kitsap Transit Foot Ferry (Port Orchard and Annapolis routes); Access Transportation service on Kitsap Transit and Metro Transit. For more information, visit Back to top

    I already have an ORCA transit pass, can I purchase a parking permit?

    If you already have an ORCA transit pass you are not eligible to purchase a parking permit. Please contact our office if you want to switch from a transit pass to a parking permit. Back to top