Fund for Engagement Application Process
Two-Phase Application Process
The two-phase selection process will involve an initial Letter of Intent submission. The selection committee will review letters of intent in the two weeks following the deadline and notifying applicants whether their proposals have been selected for full application review. The full application process will be by invitation only. The committee may request additional information or clarification of proposal ideas for the full application.
Letter of Intent
Letters of Intent must be submitted online no later than 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 6, 2013.
- Letters of Intent must support the Seattle University Youth Initiative by choosing (see SUYI Action Plan):
- Area of emphasis:
- Choice Neighborhoods
- Collective Impact
- Outcome Alignment:
- Neighborhood children enter kindergarten healthy and ready to learn
- Neighborhood youth are supported and successful in school
- Neighborhood youth graduate from high school and are prepared for college and career
- Neighborhood families and youth are able to meet basic needs and families are active supporters of student learning
- SUYI community partner organizations embrace the overall goals of the Initiative and are able to effective and efficiently pursue their missions of delivering services to neighborhood youth and families. Click here to view a list of SU community partner organizations categorized by area of emphasis.
Rubric for LOI decisions can be found here.
Selection Criteria for Full Application Process (by invitation only)
- Quality and clarity of project description
- Viability of timeline
- Detailed activities to support proposal
- Systems of evaluation and/or measurable outcomes
- Level, clarity, and history of support from community partner
- Reasonably detailed budget
- Applicant's prior community engagement experience (especially SUYI-related)
- Plans for continuing activities in future years
- Diversity of SU colleges/schools
Questions regarding eligibility and proposal suitability may be directed to:
Jennifer Sorensen (faculty, Chair), Kristi Lee (faculty) Priya Singh (CSCE), Jessica Weaver (CSCE), Steven Ono (graduate student), Lisa Taylor (Seattle Tilth).