About Gus Arroyo
Gus Arroyo graduated from David Douglas High School in Portland, Oregon. A four-year varsity track and cross-country runner, Gus served as captain of the cross-country team and received the cross-country Most Valuable Player Award for three years. Gus completed more than 100 hours of community service as a youth leader for Camp Fire Columbia, where he was asked to join the Board of Directors and acted as spokesperson for Camp Fire’s Xploregon, a project that takes teens across Oregon to conduct service-learning projects in rural communities. Gus was awarded the Terry Porter make it better Award by the Portland Trail Blazers as an athlete who performs above and beyond both in sports and the community.
- Member of the SeattleU Cross Country and Track/Field teams. Run long-distance
- Dean's List for Fall, Winter and Spring quarters (2012-13)
- Teacher assistant at Bailey Gatzert Elementary for Winter Quarter 2013
- Participant in Youth Track Clinic at Bailey Gatzert Elementary with Track/Field Team
- Worked with King County Parks to perform maintenance and cleanup at the Sky Country Trailhead at Cougar Mountain with Cross Country Team
- Participant in Run for Boston to honor the victims of the Boston Marathon Bombing at Fleet Feet, Seattle, WA