Admission and Transfer Credit Handling
Redhawk Axis

Transfer Course Equivalency Guide

Course equivalencies for Washington State Community and Technical Colleges as well as other state and out of state institutions can be accessed below. 

Prospective undergraduate students or applicants

Prospective undergraduate students or applicants may use these course equivalencies and guides as a tool in preparing themselves for study at SU. An official evaluation of transfer coursework will be provided upon admission to SU. Please direct questions to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions: 206-220-8040;

Current SU undergraduate students

Current SU undergraduate students who are considering taking courses at another institution and wish to receive SU credit for their work must submit a Transfer Verification Request form to the Office of the Registrar for evaluation prior to enrolling at the other institution. Please direct questions to the Office of the Registrar: 206-220-8030;

These guides and course equivalencies do not constitute an official evaluation or guarantee of transfer credit award. The information posted here and in the transfer guides are subject to change at any time.

Instructions for looking up course equivalencies

Choose a state from the drop down menu and then choose the institution. The first column will list the institution's courses in alphabetical order by course prefix, with title and credit in the next columns. If there is an equivalent or parallel SU course it will be listed next, with the SU course title and credit. Courses that are not directly equivalent or parallel to SU courses may transfer as General Electives (GENL-ELEC). Language courses not offered at SU are noted as Modern Language (MDLG). RS indicates Requirement Satisfied. Lower-division courses do not count as upper division even if directly equivalent or parallel to an SU course.

See Transfer Credit Policy (77-1) for detailed information on transferrable credit and transfer limits.

SU Core Curriculum Course Transfer Key