Please note that Technical Purchasing has changed. We are streamlining the process to make purchasing easier for you and to ensure timely delivery of your products. Read on for more information about these changes and how to place an order.
Technical Purchasing provides quotes for:
Desktop and laptop computers, and limited single-use software licenses (Microsoft Project 2013, Microsoft Visio 2013, and FileMaker Pro).
How do I obtain a quote for these items?
See "Standard Computers" and "Standard Software" below to download quotes.
Technical Purchasing does not provide quotes for:
Monitors, docking stations, cell phones, external hard drives, web cams, tablets*, printers and maintenance kits * , fax machines * , scanners * , keyboards and mice, computer speakers, ethernet cords and other adapters, televisions, refrigerators, shredders, projectors, projector lamps, cameras, tripods, lights, microphones, equipment mounts, ethernet adapters, label printers, printer toner or software maintenance renewals.
*This type of purchase requires CIO approval.
How do I obtain a quote for these items?
See "Suggested Products" below for commonly ordered products. Otherwise, contact one of the SU-approved vendors listed below for an official quote.
SU Approved Vendors
Rep Name: Kelly Matthews
Rep name: Leah Avner
Rep name: Laura Moorhead
These items will be shipped to OIT and a Desktop Support technician will install them for you:
Dell OptiPlex 9020
Dell Precision T1700
Dell Latitude E5440
Apple Macbook Pro
We now have Adobe Acrobat Professional and Master Collection! Master Collection includes: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop Extended, Acrobat, Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Contribute, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Audition, SpeedGrade, Prelude, and Encore. To have either Acrobat Pro or Master Collection installed on your University-owned machine, please contact the Help Desk at 206-296-5571 or email@example.com.
Microsoft Visio Professional 2013
Microsoft Project Professional 2013
FileMaker Pro 2011
These items will be shipped to you directly from the vendor.
You are welcome to purchase outside of these recommendations by contacting a SU-approved vendor listed above for a quote.
If you need assistance with an after it arrives at your office, please contact the Help Desk at 206-296-5571 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dell 19" Monitor
Dell 22" Monitor
Dell 24" Monitor
Dell 27" Monitor
Dell Docking Station (works with E5430, E5440 laptops)
How do I place an order?
1) If purchasing a standard computer or software item, download the quote from above. If any other item, contact the vendor or visit the vendor’s website for a quote.
2) Fill out the purchase requisition form and attach the quote to the form.
3) Deliver or campus-mail the purchase req with quote to Facilities Purchasing in CLMB, 2nd floor.
Important items to remember about purchase requisitions:
- Regardless of the item you are ordering, all paperwork goes to CLMB, 2nd floor.
- ALL purchase requisitions need a quote in order to be processed. Purchase reqs received without a quote and/or signature will be returned.
- If you are ordering from more than one vendor you will need to submit separate purchase requisitions for each vendor.
- If the total cost for a product is over $5,000, a signature from the Associate Vice President for Finance is required. Please obtain this signature before sending the paperwork to Facilities Purchasing.
4) Facilities Purchasing will create the Purchase Order (PO). At this point the product has been ordered with the vendor. Please allow 10-14 business days for most orders.
5) If you ordered a computer, or a limited single-use software license, the item will be delivered to OIT. Desktop Support will configure and deliver the item to the person listed as the “Deliver to” on the purchase requisition. Questionsabout delivery should be directed to Desktop Support via theHelp Desk at 206-296-5571 or email@example.com.
6) If you ordered any other item, it will be delivered directly from the vendor to the person listed as the “Deliver to” on the purchase requisition form. If you havean issue with the item after it has been delivered, contact the Help Desk at206-296-5571 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
7) The vendor will mail the invoice to the person listed as the “Billing Contact” on the purchase requisition form. For questions on how to process an invoice for payment, contact the Controller’s Office.
Purchase Requisition Form
Tablet Authorization Form
Personal Hardware and Software Purchases
Hours and Contact Information
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm