OIT Telecommunications provides telephone line service to all departments within the Seattle University telephone network.
The telecommunications office can assist you with.
- Problems with your desk phone or phone line.
- Extension and phone relocations.
- Purchase and setup of new extensions and phones.
- Button programming on digital phones.
Requesting New Phone Service
To request new phone service, please contact the OIT Help Desk at x5571 or email@example.com and provide the answers to the following questions.
- Do you have a phone for this office, or do you need one from us?
- Do you need long distance dialing? International?
- Do you need voicemail?
- What is the name of the person who will use this line?
- What budget number will you use for billing?
- When do you need this setup?
If you need assistance with your Seattle University phone service, you can view self-help resources here. For additional assistance, please contact the OIT Help Desk at 206-296-5571 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are submitting a request for service, please provide the following information.
- The nature of the problem. Please provide details such as: no dial tone, line noise, handset cord needs replacing, or specific information related to your problem. That is much more helpful then just saying that something doesn't work.
- The extension of the telephone or phone line that is having the problem.
- Office number
- Jack number, if you can see it.
- An alternate way that you can be reached, if your phone isn't functional.
None at this time.