Seattle University's main video conferencing room is located on the fifth floor of the Engineering Building in room 532. This equipment should not be confused with web conferencing such as Skype. The equipment used is a Polycom Viewstation which uses IP technology to establish the call. It allows users to send audio and video between Seattle University and remote locations that have similar video conferencing equipment. This equipment is standards based and is compatible with most new equipment as well as older systems.
When scheduling video conferences, it is important to determine what equipment will be used and make sure someone is available who knows how to use the equipment. You may reserve the room and system by contacting the HelpDesk by email at email@example.com or by phone at (206) 296-5571. Be sure to schedule sufficient time before and after the meeting for set-up and disassembly of equipment. The room and equipment reservations are tentatively scheduled pending call site verification.
When requesting a conference, you will need to have the following information:
- Dates and times of conference
- Site information of who you are conferencing with including a technical contact name and phone number
- A name and phone number of the people you wish to include in the conference
Conferences can not be scheduled without this information. All video conferences must be scheduled a minimum of 10 days prior to your event.
If you are experiencing a problem with your conferencing session, please open a support request with the OIT Help Desk at (206) 296-5571. In the event of technical difficulties, the following information must be provided to the OIT Help Desk so they may better assist you:
- A detailed description of the problem you are having.
- If a call unexpectedly interrupts please mark the time your call was dropped and put that in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.