Office 365 - Seattle University's student email service
Seattle University has partnered with Microsoft to host SU student and alumni email services on Office 365. Office 365 provides SU students with huge 50.0gb email quotas, online data storage, and access to web-based versions of Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). SU Alumni will keep their @seattleu.edu email account for life.
Student email accounts will be migrated to Microsoft Office 365 in Spring Quarter 2014.
Faculty, Staff, and other email accounts will remain on Seattle University's Microsoft Exchange 2010 environment.
Does Office 365 change the way I use email?
Yes, for the better! Hosting email in Office 365 is a significant improvement to the way SU manages student email data.
Some email features stay the same:
- Email address stays the same - email@example.com.
- All email content (including calendars and contacts) migrates automatically into Office 365.
- Use https://pwreset.seattleu.edu to manage email account passwords
- Students and faculty/staff will still see each other’s email accounts via a shared Global Address List.
Some things will change:
- Email quota increased to 50.0 GB - this is 100X larger than previous SU student email quotas.
- A new website - http://outlook.com/seattleu.edu - to access SU student email (students will see this new link if they try logging on to owa.seattleu.edu).
- A new ActiveSync server name - outlook.office365.com - to access SU student email from iPhones & Smartphones
- Access to additional Office 365 services (OneDrive, Office 365 applications, Office for iPad)
- No access to Seattle University's Exchange 2010 Public Folders.*
* Students who require Exchange Public Folder access (including student workers and student club managers) can request "Student Access" email accounts. These accounts do not replace existing student email accounts, and are designed to provide access to Exchange Public Folders. Contact the SU Help Desk for more
What else does Office 365 do for students?
Seattle University is
introducing Office 365 as an email solution for students and alumni. Active students on Office 365 will also have access to:
- OneDrive personal data storage
- Web-based versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Office for iPad
Microsoft introduces new features
with some regularity. We will introduce support for additional Office 365
service offerings when (and if) they make sense for Seattle University students
- Office 365 at Seattle University
- Office 365 FAQ
- How to: Connect to your SU Office 365 email
- Connect your smartphone to an Office 365 account
- Resources for Office 365 Users and Power Users
- Reset your SU email account password (if you forgot your previous password, be prepared to provide your SU Student ID number and other personal information)