How do I add a network printer on Mac OS X?
This guide will walk you through adding a network printer to your Seattle University Mac computer. In order to add a printer on a Mac OS X computer, you will need to be an administrator of your computer.
Step 1: Open System Preferences.
- Click on the Apple in the upper left corner.
- Click on System Preferences.
Step 2: Under Hardware, Select Print and Fax.
Step 3: Login with an administrator account.
- Click on the lock in the lower left corner of the window.
- Enter your SU username and password
Step 4: Add the printer to your list of printers.
- Click the + button on the lower left side of the window.
Step 5: Specify the network printer details.
- In the Address: field, enter the name of the printer server name such as oitps1 or oitps2.
- In the Queue: field, enter the name of the printer such as prt### where ### is a 3-digit number.
- In the Name: field, enter a name of your choice such as the printer name or a label that helps you remember where it is.
- In the Location: field, enter a location of your choice such as a department location or room number.
(Optional) Select the Installable options for the printer.
- If prompted for Installable options, click Continue.
The printer will now appear in your list of printers. It will be available when printing from Word or any other application.