How do I reset my Seattle University email/network password?
What should I do if I cannot logon to OWA, MySU, SU Online, VLab, or a campus computer?
For security purposes, Seattle University network passwords expire 90 days from the time that they are set. If you are sure that your password is correct, but cannot logon to SU services such as web mail or SU Online, then your password is likely expired. NOTE: OIT will never ask you for your current password. Emails that request your current password or redirect to external websites are phishing scams. Only reset your password at pwreset.seattleu.edu.
(Optional): To confirm that your password is expired, attempt logging in to two Seattle university websites such as:
Initial Step: Visit pwreset.seattleu.edu or select one of the following links to reset your password.
Change Password: The "I know my password but want to change it" form will only work for passwords that are not expired.
- Enter your SU Login Username
- Enter your current SU password.
- Enter a new password twice.
- When choosing a new password, the password must be a minimum of 8 characters, contain numbers and letters, and must be different from one of your 6 previously used passwords.
- Click Change Password.
Password Reset: When setting your password for the first time, changing a forgotten password, or changing an expired password, complete the password reset form.
- Note: All entries are case sensitive. Make sure that Caps Lock is off.
- Note: The 7-digit SU Provided PIN Number is only used for new and potential students. Leave this blank if you do not have a new student welcome letter.
- When setting a password, it must be a minimum of 8 characters, contain numbers and letters, and cannot be one of your 6 previously used passwords.
Check for typos: If you receive an 'Identity cannot be verified' error message, make sure that you have entered the correct information in each field. See the examples on the right hand side of the form for more information.
- The SU Login Username should be all lower case.
- The Last Name should start with a capital letter.
- The First Name should start with a capital letter.
- The 7-digit SU ID number should be 7-digits long. If it is less, then add a zero to the front of it.
- The 2-digit month and date of birth should start with a 0 if the month or date is a single digit.
- Only enter the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number or SEVIS number.
- The 7-digit SU Provided PIN number is optional and only used for new and potential students. This is not the same as the 7-digit SU ID number.
Confirm your records: If you have checked the form for data entry mistakes, but still receive the 'Identity cannot be verified' error, contact the university to make sure that there are no typos in your records.
- Students should contact the Office of the Registrar at 206-296-2000 (Option 3).
- Faculty should contact Faculty Services at (206) 296-6142.
- Staff should contact Human Resources at (206) 296-2100.
For additional assistance, please contact the Help Desk at 206-296-5571 or toll-free at 855-501-0858.