How do I add a network printer to my printer list in Windows 7?
This article will walk you through adding a network printer to your printer list in Windows 7.
Step 1: Open Printers and Faxes.
- Click on the Start Menu .
- Select Devices and Printers
- (Optional) If the Printers and Faxes shortcut is not in your Start Menu, open Control Panel.
- (Optional) From Control Panel, select and open Devices and Printers.
Step 2: Adding a printer
In the Devices and Printers window Highlight the contents in the address bar.
Enter the pathway to the printer you are trying to connect to.
Note: In place of # put the respective server and prt name of your printer. For this example, \\oitps1\prt475 will be used.
- Another smaller window will appear
- When this window appears, then you have connected successfully.
The Printer will now be added to your printer list. You can Right-Click and set the printer as the default.