Milestones and Next Steps
- June 2009 - Faculty and Staff Satisfaction Survey results published. Compensation and benefits were identified as a focus area.
- June 2010 - Project launch. Mercer engaged to provide independent assessment of SU programs.
- July to October 2010 – Mercer research on leadership, faculty and staff perspectives.
- December 2010 – Total Rewards Survey published. 875 faculty/staff responded (a strong response rate of 61%) to an online survey of preferences and satisfaction. >More
- December 2010 – Mercer market study of benefits completed.
- January 2011- Faculty/staff focus groups which enhanced the numeric data from the online survey.
- May 2011 – Mercer market study of pay for benchmark faculty/staff positions completed. >More
- FY 2011/12 – Initial compensation response to the Mercer study including special adjustments to selected staff positions identified as furthest from market.
- January 1, 2012 - Premera Blue Cross selected as administrator of the PPO medical plan. >More
- June 1, 2012 - Fidelity Investments will become sole recordkeeper for the retirement plan. Currently, Fidelity shares this responsibility with TIAA-CREF. >More
- June 1, 2012 - Revising available investment options in the retirement plan. >More
- Updated staff performance evaluation program. >More
- Updated staff position descriptions and a classification system for all staff jobs. >More
- Revised structure for staff salary ranges. >More
Last modified on Friday, October 25, 2013