Planning Your Next Steps
Open Enrollment will be held from October 28 – November 15, 2013. Take advantage of this period to update your understanding of the plans and to select the benefits that best meet your needs in 2014. Consider participating in the Benefits Fair on October 29 or one of the benefit information meetings scheduled during Open Enrollment.
Here’s a suggested action list for your 2014 benefits:
- Review your options for coverage as described on this site.
- Mark your calendar to participate in a benefits workshop. See the enrollment guide for specific times and locations.
- Choose your plans. As you evaluate the PPO, Group Health - and especially the HSA; make use of the online planning and decision support tools created for you by Premera and Fidelity. Premera and Fidelity will also be available at the October 29 benefits fair. Reviewing your recent Explanation of Benefits and healthcare receipts may be helpful. Also, confirm your doctor's status under Premera or Group Health.
- If enrolling in a flexible spending account, determine the annual contribution amount for 2014. You are required to specify this each year as you re-enroll for healthcare or dependent care expenses.
- Complete the Benefits Enrollment form and return a printed and signed copy to Human Resources no later than November 15.
Have you reviewed your beneficiary designations for life insurance, accidental death/dismemberment or the retirement plan? If you haven’t, you are strongly encouraged to complete a new form to ensure survivor benefits, in the event of your death, are processed according to your wishes.