The LiVE SU wellness program is off to a solid start!
We launched the program toward the end of the 2012 academic year with simple twin objectives of introducing the dedicated LiVE website (powered by Limeade.com) and encouraging completion of core activities through incentives. Here are some key points about our year of getting acquainted . . .
- 362 people created a personal account on the LiVE SU website (powered by Limeade) which is very much in line with expectations for a first year program.
- 244 people (that’s equivalent to about 19% of eligible faculty/staff) completed the online well-being assessment – the first step in creating an individual plan of action that builds on strengths and offers suggestions for development. We anticipate a growing percentage of faculty/staff will complete the assessment in 2013 as overall awareness of the benefit increases.
- LiVE SU participants earning 1,000+ points were entered into a raffle. 20 winners were awarded the prize of their choice – either a FitBit tracking device or an SU jacket. Our top point achievers added points through fun quarterly challenges, such as:
- Motorless to Bellingham. Track 90 miles of motorless activity.
- Veg Out. Eat at least 5 servings of fruit and vegetables each day.
- Attitude of Gratitude. Send notes of gratitude during the holidays.
- Community Event. Participate in a campus community event.
- Maintain, Don’t Gain. Maintain your current weight through the holiday season.
- Rise and Stretch. Stretch in the mornings for 3 days a week.
- Free on-campus health screenings were available in May and November. 193 people took advantage of this chance to obtain their cholesterol, blood pressure, glucose and body mass levels. Plan now for the next health screening on May 8, 2013!
- 500 one-on-one coaching sessions were completed with a Vera Whole-Health wellness coach. Vera facilitates personal goal-setting and provides support through meetings on campus. LiVE SU covers the cost of your first few sessions with a Vera coach (further subject to an overall limit on SU-paid sessions.)
- The Spring Healthy Living fair included convenient screenings in the Swedish Mobile Mammography unit, a PacHealth diabetes management class and the team of health/wellness benefit partners to answer faculty/staff questions.
Last modified on Tuesday, February 26, 2013