Purchasing and Support Services
Support Services manages the business side of Facilities and handles university purchasing.
IMPORTANT! Grant related expenditure? Visit the Office of Research Services and Sponsored Projects (ORSSP) to obtain the correct form, view the process map, and see an approved vendor list.
Purchasing code of conduct (includes anti-sweatshop statement)
Purchasing policy manual
Campus artwork inventory
Budgets and accounting
Main phone: (206) 296-6999
Facilities Project Coordinator
Purchase Orders are required for purchases over $500.
To obtain a PO:
1. Print and complete a purchase requisition form
2. Submit the purchase requisition form with the original signature of the cost center manager along with any quotes or estimates to Facilities Services, located on the second floor of 1313 E. Columbia. Please keep a signed copy for your records
We cannot accept copies of purchase requisitions, including faxes or emails.
Requisitions over $5000
If the purchase requisition totals $5,000 or more, including tax, it must also be signed by the Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Finance and Administration, located in USVC 104.
Software or Computer Requisitions
Please contact technical purchasing for a quote prior to filling out a purchase requisition. When your purchase requisition is compelte, please submit it to technical purchasing in the Office of Information Technology, located in ENGR 600.
After You Submit Your Purchase Requisition
1. The Purchasing Office will create the PO, fax it to the vendor, and mail the pink and goldenrod copies back to you. Typical turnaround is within one business day, if all information and signatures are provided on the purchase requisition.
2. After you have received the product in good order for payment by the A/P, send the pink copy of the PO to the Controller’s Office along with the invoice.
3. Keep the goldenrod copy for your records.
Tips For Faster Processing
To speed up the process, please be sure your purchase req contains these items:
- The item you are purchasing and any quotes or estimates providing the cost;
- The full 13-digit budget number;
- The date that you need to receive the item you are purchasing, not the date you need the purchase order. If a date is omitted or ASAP is used instead, a date two weeks from the time we receive the requisition will be inserted;
- The appropriate, original signatures (cost center manager and AVP for Finance and Administration if over $5000).
If you are unsure of the item you need, the price of the item, or the vendor from whom the item should be bought, please contact us at x6999 and we will be happy to assist you.
Please contact us at x6999 for more information.
Office supplies can be ordered at a highly discounted rate through OfficeMax Solutions online. To sign up for a username and password, print and fill out the OfficeMax application form and submit the original form to Facilities Services, located in 1313 E. Columbia. Instructions for ordering can be found online. Go to OfficeMax Solutions, then look directly underneath the log-in boxes for "user guide and tutorial".
If you cannot find the item that you are looking for, please call us at x6999. In most cases, we can find the item for you through the OfficeMax representative.
The Purchasing Office buys all furniture for the university. If you are looking to have your space remodeled and would like a consultation on available products and university standards, please submit a work request and we will contact you.
Surplus furniture inventory
Support Services keeps a limited amount of furniture in storage for reuse on campus, particularly commonly requested items such as file cabinets, chairs, desks, and bookcases. Submit a work request if you are looking for something.
You may also submit a work request to get rid of furniture items and equipment that your department no longer needs. Items may be kept for reuse on campus, sold, or disposed of. In your work request, please include a description of the item, its location and condition, and the asset tag number (if any).
Campus artwork inventory
There is a small inventory of art that is not currently displayed on campus. Contact Jerry Cobb, SJ, for more information.
The Facilities Department maintains files on all properties owned or leased by the university. Contact (206) 296-6999, for more information.
last updated: 4/18/2013