Summer Friday hours begin June 15
Friday, June 15, is our first EARLY FRIDAY of the summer. We will close at 3 p.m. every Friday through Sept. 14.
Please note the following exceptions and important guidelines for Summer Friday Hours this year:
- The early release applies to Friday afternoons from 3 to 4:30 p.m., and may not be used to alter work hours at any other time, unless an exception is approved in advance in writing by Human Resources and the supervisor.
- The shorter work day applies to those who are normally scheduled to work after 3 p.m. on Fridays. In those relatively few cases where a person's regular full-time shift ends earlier than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, a full-time employee may be released 1.5 hours earlier than their regular shift ending time, with the supervisor's prior written approval.
- Exceptions will also be permitted if an employee is required to work after 3 p.m. on Friday (because an office must remain open, for example) In such cases, the employee may leave 1.5 hours earlier on another day during the same or following work week, as approved in advance in writing by the supervisor.
- An employee who uses a vacation, sick day or other personal leave day on a Friday is charged with a full day and does not get an "extra" 1.5 hours to use at another time.
- An employee who does not use the 1.5 hours early release time each Friday will not be "cashed out" or paid for the time not used. This is not a pay benefit. The time does not accumulate and may not be carried over from week to week.
- Except as noted above, it is the university's policy to provide coverage in all offices during normal working hours, and employees are expected to work their regular schedule. Any proposal for an exception to "SUMMER FRIDAY HOURS" should be directed to Human Resources.
- Because the School of Law is on a semester schedule, they will establish summer hours that fit with their academic calendar.