Eight faculty present at regional conference
Eight SU faculty presented at the Western Regional Conference on Christianity and Literature at Seattle Pacific University:
- Sharon Cumberland (English): "Spiritual Poetry in a Secular World"
- Peter Ely, S.J., (Theology and Religious Studies and Mission & Ministry): "Belief and Unbelief in Two Autobigraphical Works of Albert Camus"
- June Bube Johnson (English): "Postmodernism and the Empathetic Turn toward Ethical Engagement in Luis Alberto Urea's THE DEVIL'S HIGHT and Dave Egger's WHAT IS THE WHAT"
- Andrea McDowell (English): "Pelevin, Bulatov, and the Poetics of ZA in contemporary Russian Literature"
- David Leigh, S.J., (English): "Belief, the Reader, and Ultimate Issues in Literary Fiction"
- Holly Woodson Waddell (French): "The Religion of Language in Linda Le's CALAMNIES"
- William Taylor (English): "The Coen Brothrs and Religion: There's Something Funny about A SERIOUS MAN"
- Mary Antoinette Smith (English): "Holy Howatch! Redemption and Restoration through Writing her Church of England Starbridge Novels"