Christmas at SU
Q: How can I celebrate the Christmas Season, SU-style?
A: There are many opportunities. Here's five that come to mind.
1. Kick off the Christmas Season in festive form with SU's Annual Tree Lighting at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 29. Cookies and hot cocoa will be served in the Student Center Hearth, followed by a short program, caroling and, of course, the lighting of the tree in the Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons Plaza.
2. Always a delight, "A Festival of Christmas" is being performed by the SU Choirs on Friday, Nov. 30 (8 p.m.) and Sunday Dec. 2 (2 p.m.). Both performances are at St. Joseph Church (18th E and E Aloha). Click here for more details.
3. Another signature Christmas-at-SU event, the Alumni Advent Mass and Reception takes place 4-7 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 9 at the Chapel of St. Ignatius. Alumni and friends are welcome. Space is limited and seating is first come, first served. Light refreshments will be served at a reception immediately following Mass in the Paccar Atrium of the Pigott Building. A children's arts and crafts activity table will be available at the reception. RSVPs are appreciated-please let the Alumni Relations office know you are coming by e-mailing email@example.com.
4. Enjoy a scrumptious breakfast and the warm company of colleagues at the Faculty & Staff Christmas Season Open House from 8 to 10 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 14 at the LeRoux Conference Center.
5. Remember those in need by taking part in the Center for Service and Community Engagement's Giving Tree. Stop by the center in the Douglas (13th and Cherry) to take a tag from the tree and buy a gift for a child or adult from Childhaven, Treehouse, Full Life or Yesler Community Center. Please return UNWRAPPED gifts with the tag attached by Friday, Dec. 7, for delivery. If you have any questions, contact Jessica Weaver at 296-2569 or firstname.lastname@example.org.