When you’re ready to start the planning process, Fill out the Event Request Form online.
Conference and Event Services reserves classrooms, meeting rooms, auditoriums, and other venues on campus. CES can help you identify the room that will best meet your needs. Scheduling of university facilities is done based on the availability of the spaces, the type of event, expected attendance at the event, and suitability of the space.
Our staff will assign each reservation to the most appropriate space(s) available. Requests for specific rooms or space will be honored when possible; however, the staff reserves the right to reassign space when necessary and to identify suitable alternative space for the original reservations. Confirmation of reservations will be sent for each requestor's reference.
Scheduling of Facilities/Spaces: Classroom space on campus is scheduled through the Conference and Event Services office after the Registrar releases the classrooms for such scheduling. This is usually near the middle of the quarter prior to the one being opened for scheduling.
Requests for scheduling non-classroom space are accepted on a first request basis. However, confirmation of the event being scheduled is usually given:
- Two (2) years in advance of the event for Academic and University Administration events or large-scale, traditional Student Events
- One (1) year in advance of the event for less imperative University events
- Nine (9) months in advance for hosted events
- Six (6) months in advance of the event for Non-University events
Conference and Event Services reserves the right to substitute facilities for the space(s) reserved should the need arise.
Requests may be made farther out than these guidelines, but the reservations will be entered as “tentative” until the official guidelines come into play.
Reservation requests may be made online via our Event Request Form, or requests for events with very simple needs may be made by telephone at (206) 296-5620.
When scheduling a room, please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Event name
- Purpose of the event
- Number of attendees
- Whether there will be any food service requirements, and what they might be
- Whether the event is open to the public
- Special set up or audio-visual requests
- Parking requirements
- Finalized event agenda/schedule
- Names of any speakers or presenters
For regularly scheduled classes, please contact the Registrar's Office at (206) 296-5855.
You might also find the Seattle University virtual tour a great way to look at campus facilities!