For the purpose of keeping confusion to a minimum with clients and guests, Conference and Event Services (CES) has come up with terms to help us differentiate between the three largest types of programs requested. They are:
- Meeting—meaning a gathering on behalf of the club or organization, where the following criteria are met:
- Limited to club membership and no outside guests invited
- Only official club business will transpire
- Conference—any meeting or event that will involve overnight housing for guests in Seattle University accommodations (summer only)
- Event—any gathering that is not a meeting and not a conference
When working with a CES staff member, it helps to let him or her know what type of program you are planning.
Classroom space on campus is scheduled through the Conference and Event Services office after the Registrar releases the classrooms for such scheduling. This is usually near the middle of the quarter prior to the one being opened for scheduling.
Requests for scheduling non-classroom space are accepted on a first request basis. However, confirmation of the event being scheduled is usually given:
- Two (2) years in advance of the event for Academic and University
Administration events or large-scale, traditional Student Events
- One (1) year in advance of the event for less imperative University events
- Nine (9) months in advance for hosted events
- Six (6) months in advance of the event for Non-University events
Conference and Event Services reserves the right to substitute facilities for the space(s) reserved should the need arise.
Requests may be made farther out than these guidelines, but the reservations will be entered as “tentative” until the official guidelines come into play.
Reservation requests may be made online via our Event Request Form, or requests for events with very simple needs may be made by telephone at (206) 296-5620.
When scheduling a room, please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Event name
- Purpose of the event
- Number of attendees
- Whether there will be any food service requirements, and what they might be
- Whether the event is open to the public
- Special set up or audio-visual requests
- Parking requirements
- Finalized event agenda/schedule
- Names of any speakers or presenters
For regularly scheduled classes, please contact the Registrar's Office at (206) 296-5855.