Event Request Forms for Off Campus Meeting
or Event Planners
RESTRICTIONS ON SPACE RENTALS
Because of Washington State regulations, private collages and universities could lose property tax exemptions if the State property use guidelines are not followed. Generally speaking, programs which use campus facilities (including housing) cannot result in commercial gain. However, non-profits and 501(c)(3) organizations have a very wide latitude when using campus space.
If you need further information or would like clarification as to whether
your program would meet Washington State requirements, please feel free to fill
out our Event Request Form, or contact the Conference and Event Services office
to discuss this further. Our contact information is below.
To help simplify the planning process, Conference & Event Services (CES) has come up with terms to help us differentiate between the three most common types of programs requested. They are:
- Meeting—meaning a (usually small) gathering on behalf of the organization, where the following criteria are met:
- Limited to organization membership, and no outside guests other than presenters are invited
- Only official organizational business will transpire
- Conference—any meeting or event that will involve overnight housing for guests in Seattle University accommodations (summer only)
- Event—any gathering that is not a meeting and not a conference
When working with a CES staff member, it helps to let her or him know what type of program you are planning.
To request a space for your function, please complete the Event Request Form (see above left, or at the bottom of this page), including all checkboxes and subsections relevant to your function. If you have any questions, please contact us via e-mail or call (206) 296-5620.
The more lead time you can provide, the better; you will have a better choice of spaces when you book farther out.
- All event requests must be received at least fifteen (15) business days in advance
- Meetings with no catering and no set up required must be received within ten (10) business days of the meeting.
Required fields are marked with an asterisk ( * ) within the document. If you have any questions while you are filling out either of the forms, please do not hesitate to contact us for assistance. If you prefer, we can fill it out for you as we ask you the necessary questions over the phone.