Center for Environmental Justice and Sustainability

Passports and Visas

  • Passport and Visa Requirements

    A valid passport is needed for travel in the United States. Persons from outside the country may require a visa for the United States. Please check with your travel agent or an appropriate United States government travel department -- or visit here for more information.

    Invitation Letter

    If you require a B1/B2 visitor’s visa to travel to the conference, you may request a visa support letter. Email Mike Schut at to request such a letter.  Present the letter to the U.S. consulate when applying for a visa. Note that visa support letters will be issued to conference attendees and participants only.

    When requesting a letter, please be sure to include:

    • your full name as it appears on your passport
    • your mailing address
    • email address
    • passport number
    • your conference registration confirmation number
    • indicate if you will present a paper or talk at the conference (include the title of the paper/talk)

    We strongly advise you to start the visa application process as early as possible, at least three months before the visa is needed. Kindly note: the event organizer will not be able to contact or intervene with Embassy or Consulate offices on your behalf. 


    image conf poster heading