Guide to Transition Assessment in Washington State
- An overview of the assessment process and its role in the transition process. PDF
Quality Indicators for Secondary Transition (QuIST)
- These Quality Indicators can be used by school districts to provide insights into special education programs and delivery. This tool is meant to be a self-evaluation to assist in program improvement activities.
Quality Indicators for School to Employment Program
- These Quality Indicators can be used by school districts to assess transition services for students with developmental disabilities in school to employment programs. By using this tool, school district teams will identify program needs and potential changes to increase employment rates for these youth upon graduation or completion of their school program.
Transition Assessment Toolkit
- The Transition Assessment Toolkit is a comprehensive resource for IEP Teams, special education teachers and administrators, parents and students, and support staff as they conduct the age-appropriate transition assessment process. Adapted from the Highline School District Special Education, the Toolkit includes resources from the Center for Change in Transition Services and the National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability for Youth. The Toolkit offers resource materials for formal and informal assessments and recommended transition assessments by grade level. It also offers lists of published tests and information on each. The web-based resources are centered on learning styles, employment/career planning, temperament surveys, multiple intelligences and many more. PDF
Transition Guide for Washington State
- A comprehensive reference for teachers, administrators, staff, parents and agencies that provides information on the transition process, requirements and legislation.
Transition Re-Evaluation Process
- A recommended best practice to help students with disabilities make connections with agencies.
Transition Services for Students with Disabilities: An Administrator's Guide (PDF)
- A reference for administrators and educational staff on transition services for students with disabilities and outlines the transition process as required by law.