Career Advising is offered in a variety of ways to best meet your busy schedule including drop-in advising, face to face appointments, or online via e-mail.
Advising can cover a wide range of career related topics, including:
- Career Development Process
- Self assessment tools including Discover, Value and Skills card sorts
- Group interpretations of Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® and Strong Interest Inventory®
- Individual interpretations of StrengthsQuest
- Complimentary access to MyPlan
- Career Action Plan
- Professional Development and Networking
- Job and internship search strategies
- Resumes and cover letters
- Mock interviewing and interview techniques
- Other topics based on your needs
Advising is also provided throughout the year across campus including in Residence Halls, collegia, and classrooms. Visit our office during our Drop-In Advising hours or fill out a Appointment Special Request Form so we can get you started in meeting your career planning needs.
Career Action Plan
We can help you develop a Career Action Plan that complements your academic plan. You may design your own individualized strategy that includes informational interviews, study abroad, mentor, internships, service learning, leadership development and networking. Career Services has a guide for creating an action plan. Contact our office at email@example.com or (206) 296-6080 to start developing your customized plan.