Center for Business Ethics
The Center for Business Ethics prepares students to:
- Identify, understand, address and resolve unethical or illegal behavior in the workplace
- Create and continuously improve ethical cultures at work
- Champion corporate stewardship of society and the environment.
By achieving these objectives, we help students lead successful and meaningful lives at work.
Why This Mission?
- When our students enter the workforce, at some point, they will witness or be invited to participate in unethical and/or illegal activities. Whether these activities are blatant or subtle, they increase stress and reduce productivity. The Center for Business Ethics relies on cutting-edge research to prepare students to identify, understand, address, and resolve these issues.
- As our students move forward with their careers, they will have increasing opportunities to influence the culture of their workplaces. The Center for Business Ethics prepares students to build ethical cultures that treat people fairly, respectfully, and with compassion.
- Business has far-reaching and complex effects on society and the environment. The Center for Business Ethics prepares students to understand these effects so they can influence their organizations to be good stewards of society and the environment for generations to come.
Faculty and Staff
We work with faculty and staff to help them prepare our students to discuss, resolve, and reduce the number of unethical and illegal acts in the workplace, to promote ethical cultures in their organizations, and to be champions of corporate stewardship of society and the environment. We achieve this through collaborative faculty and staff workshops.
We reach students mainly by working with faculty to integrate ethics into their classes. We also sponsor and cosponsor campus events that discuss how to effectively manage unethical and illegal behavior in the workplace, create and improve ethical cultures, and champion corporate stewardship of society and the environment.
We bring business people to campus to discuss how they have managed unethical and illegal behavior they have witnessed in the workplace, how they support ethical cultures, and how they champion corporate stewardship of society and the environment.
We reach out to alumni to help them address and resolve unethical or illegal behavior in the workplace, to help them build ethical organizational cultures, and to help them influence their organizations to be good stewards of the society and the environment.
Our current focus is on undergraduate and graduate students in the Albers School of Business and Economics. As we grow our resources, we look forward to working with businesses and alumni to realize our Mission.
Get in touch with the Center for Business Ethics at Albers.