Posted by Sheryn Crater on
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Welcome Back! We are so happy to have you back on campus and are excited for the 2013-2014 academic year to start. We hope you are just as excited for the new opportunities that await you this year. Advisors are here to help you with your transition, whether that transition is from high school to college, another college or university to Seattle University, or just making that transition back into school from a great summer break. We hope to see you at least once during the fall quarter to discuss your winter quarter classes, but also hope you will come see us if you have any other questions or to let us know how the quarter is going! During the first week of classes advisors will hold walk-in hours if you have concerns about your current schedule, would like to discuss dropping or adding a course, or have an issue that can't wait. We also have limited appointments during the first week of classes for issues that may take a little longer. You can schedule appointments by stopping by Pigott 318 or calling the front desk at 206-296-5700. Below you will find some important information regarding walk-in hours during fall drop/add period, important dates throughout the quarter and how you can get in touch with the advisors. Make sure you look through all the information and keep it for reference! Welcome back again and we all look forward to working with you!
WALK-IN ADVISING HOURS FALL DROP/ADD PERIOD:
Wed., September 25th : 9:00 am-11:30 am & 1:00 pm-3:00 pm
Thursday, September 26th : 9:00 am-11:30 am & 1:00 pm-3:00 pm
Tuesday, October 1st: 9:00 am-10:30 am & 1:30 pm-3:00 pm
(Tuesday, October 1st is the last day to ADD/DROP classes)
Dhorea Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org): Accounting and Finance
Kathleen Horenstein (email@example.com): BAE, Economics, Bus. Economics, International Business, & Individualized Majors
Shery Crater (firstname.lastname@example.org): Management and Marketing
Graduate Assistants: Amy Clawson (email@example.com) and Kali Odell (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will be advising our Pre-Business students.
- We have a new check-in process for appointments and walk-ins. There is a laptop located at the front desk. Prior to seeing an advisor you will need to complete the survey questions on the laptop. This process is the same for both walk-ins and scheduled appointments. If you are seeing us during our walk-in hours, you will also need to sign the Sign-In Sheet to keep the order of students accurate.
- The university has officially and successfully transitioned to the new Core requirements. If you are taking a course that you believe is fulfilling a Core requirement and it doesn’t have the UCOR prefix, please come see us!
- Kathleen Horenstein has joined our advising team! Kathleen has been with us since the summer and has been advising students since June. She comes to us after spending the last two years as a Graduate Assistant Academic Advisor in the College of Arts & Sciences. She will be advising BAE, Business Economics, and International Business & Individualized Majors. She will also be working with students in regards to education abroad experiences. Welcome Kathleen!
- We also have two new Graduate Assistants: Kali Odell & Amy Clawson. They will be advising our Pre-Business students and will begin seeing students soon!
Below are a few important dates, mark these in your calendar. Please click here to view a more comprehensive Academic Calendar, the Final Exam calendar and an Important Dates Calendar.
Last day to add/drop or change grading option for classes.
Last day to apply for graduation: Winter 2014
Mass of the Holy Spirit (classes between 10am-1pm cancelled)
Oct. 28-Nov. 15
Last day to apply for graduation: Spring 2014
Last day to withdraw from classes
Veteran’s Day: No classes
Registration begins: Winter 2013
Thanksgiving Break: No Classes
Last Class Day
Final Exam Week
Dec. 15-Jan. 5
HOW WE ADVISE:
Either in person or by phone - may be scheduled by calling (206) 296-5700 or stopping by Pigott 318. Appointments are each 30 minutes. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call to cancel or reschedule. During registration periods, advisors are in high demand. Avoid the rush and schedule your appointment in advance.
Available during registration periods and the first week of the quarter during scheduled times. We will also have regular walk-in hours during the quarter (see below). Walk-in Advising is on a first-come, first-served basis and is reserved for students with quick questions.
FALL QUARTER WALK-IN HOURS: (starting October 2nd)
Monday: 9:00 am-11:00 am
Wednesday: 11:00 am-1:00 pm
Thursday: 12:30 pm-2:30 pm
Available via two methods:
1. You may contact an advisor at AlbersUGemail@example.com.
2. You may contact your advisor directly.
Have a great first week of classes, we would love to hear about your summer and we look forward to working with you throughout the year!