Founded in 1936, Russell Investments is a global asset manager and one of only a few firms that offer a true multi-asset approach to investing, combining asset allocation, manager selection and dynamic portfolio management. As of October 2013, Russell manages approximately $237.3 billion in assets under management. Fewer than 4% of researched money managers make it into Russell's funds. Over $4.1 trillion in assets is benchmarked daily against Russell's U.S. Indexes. Russell has over 580 independent distribution partners and approximately 1,800 associates in 21 offices worldwide.
* Plan and perform audits, special projects, and consulting engagements to ensure they are conducted in accordance with department and professional standards and are completed on a timely basis. Prepare and/or review supporting documentation.
* Plan and oversee the work of co-sourcing partners to ensure work is performed to standards and completed on a timely basis.
* Monitor open audit issues and report on a monthly basis to IA management.
* Conduct documentation and testing for assigned financial SOX controls.
* Stakeholder in the annual planning process, including development of the audit universe, discussion with management, assessing overall risk for each auditable unit, and assisting with developing the audit schedule.
* Contribute to departmental processes such as audit methodology, policies, procedures and making revisions and improvements when appropriate.
2004 to present, Russell Investments, Senior Internal Auditor
1987 to 2004, KeyCorp (various roles from commercial and retail bank lending and operations, internal audit and leadership roles)
Certified Fraud Examiner, 2010
Certified Investment Derivatives Auditor, 2008
Certified Internal Auditor, 2006
Certified Financial Services Auditor, 2003
Graduate of the Cannon Financial Institute Internal Audit School, 2003
Graduate of the Northwest Intermediate Banking School, 1994
Bachelor of Science, Central Washington University, Business Administration and International Business, 1985
Bachelor of Arts, Central Washington University, Economics, 1985
When and where do you hold meetings with your students?
To be determined depending on individual schedules.