SU Approved Programs
Seattle University takes care to partner with high quality, reputable programs that complement the University’s curriculum, goals for cultural immersion and standards for health and safety. Typically, approved programs have been visited either by a faculty member or a member of the Education Abroad Office. The Education Abroad Office monitors programs through returnee evaluations and close communication with program staff. Education Abroad staff generally has in-depth knowledge of approved programs.
Participants are enrolled at SU during participation and credits earned are considered "in residence." State and Federal aid is portable, but SU scholarships do not apply. Participants pay fees directly to program partners, not to Seattle University.
Current Approved Programs
- Suzhou, China - A partnership between SU's Chinese program and Soochow University.
- ChinaGreen Summer Program - A partnership between SU and the Beijing Center for Chinese Studies
- Summer Spanish Intensive in Quito, Ecuador - Through the SU International Studies Department's membership in the CIMAS consortium.
- CIEE - A partnership between SU's Education Abroad Office and the Council for International Educational Exchange.
- IES - A partnership between SU's Education Abroad Office and IES Abroad.
SU Predeparture Paperwork Deadlines CIEE & IES:
**Avoid late fees ($125 past deadline, $250 after your program starts)**
- Fall program start date = May 1
- Winter program start date = November 1
- Spring program start date = Feb 1
- Summer program start date = April 15